Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Schoolyard Chickens--Talking Turkey (and Chicken!) with the Elementary Classroom

What fun we had yesterday in my daughter's classroom! The kids had really done their homework in learning all about birds and their development. We took a few videos of our conversation, but I don't want to post them here as we use a lot of the kids' names. I would love to share with you parents! I'm working on getting this put up in a private way so that only families can see the videos...will let you know what I figure out!


The kids had some really great questions and were able to approach the incubator three at a time to see two chicks zipping and hatching. I appreciated their patience! It was very hard to wait but they did a great job.


I brought the chicks home for the night in their incubator, as several eggs had not yet hatched. Once here, all but one of those eggs hatched throughout the evening and in the night. Our total was 23 healthy chicks born out of 24 eggs hatched! Here is one of those born in the evening...



I can't say enough good things about that new Brinsea incubator-- it made hatching so easy and with this kind of hatch rate I now understand why so many people swear by it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment